Mensen met een Missie is an organization for international cooperation and solidarity that aims to change beliefs that lead to hatred and violence. To do this, we’ve joined forces with hundreds of partner organizations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. With people who dare to go against the current, who stick their necks out and stand up for justice, inclusion and equality. Together we facilitate dialogue between people on each side of a conflict. We inspire consideration and discussion of harmful beliefs, so that mutual hatred and mistrust can decrease. Our team in The Hague consists of about 30 people who work daily with passion and commitment, on building a world without violence.
For our programme in Cameroon and our MAnU 2.0 team (DRC and Burundi) we are looking for a:
Employment: 0.8 fte (28.8 hrs)
Starting: June 1st 2022 or earlier
Duration: 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
In Cameroon Mensen met een Missie implements a programme together with 12 Cameroonian organizations, aimed at local peacebuilding through interreligious and inter-ethnic dialogue.
Under the policy framework of the Women, Peace and Security agenda of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mensen met een Missie implements a five-year program (2021-2025), called MAnU 2.0, to advance women’s participation in the context of the Democratic Republic of Congo and Burundi. MAnU stands for Mwanamke, Amani na Usalama (Women, Peace and Security).
Mensen met een Missie is looking for a programme manager who can manage the Cameroon programme and support the programme director of the MAnU 2.0 programme.
What are you going to do?
Living in peace with one another’ – Cameroon
- Together with our Cameroonian focal person and Cameroonian partners, develop a revised Theory of Change and long-term strategy for our programme in Cameroon, based on the newly developed organizational theory of Mensen met een Missie.
- Enter into dialogue with current and prospect in-country partners to contextualize the strategy of Mensen met een Missie in Cameroon.
- Monitor and administrate the progress of our in-country partner organisations.
- Provide support to our in-country partners for the organization of an ‘interreligious and interethnic experience’.
‘Mwanamke, Amani na Usalama’ (Women, Peace and Security) – DRC and Burundi
- Together with the programme director, further the programme’s insights, and consecutively the impact in the area of women, peace and security. Especially in relation to the role of religion.
- Provide advice to the programme director on how to advance equality in the cooperation between MM and its partners, as well as within the consortium as a whole.
- Monitor and administrate the progress of our partner organisations.
- Together with the programme director, develop and implement the pilot project ‘Gender Experience’.
- Academic level of working and thinking
- Relevant experience in the field of international cooperation and project management
- Situational leaderschip qualities
- Knowledge of and affinity with the contexts of Cameroon, DRC and Burundi
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the areas of gender equality, youth inclusion and interreligious cooperation
- Excellent oral and written command of English and French
- Oral command of Dutch is a plus
- Affinity with the identity and objectives of Mensen met een Missie
- Willing to travel to the programme countries
- An exciting assignment in a dynamic organization
- A team of enthusiastic colleagues
- Salary within the range of € 3.427 – € 4.612 based on full time position
Send your letter (in Dutch or English) with CV before 16th of May to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first round of interviews will take place in the week of May 16th. For more information about this position, please contact Frans Davelaar via phone number 06 20 51 89 99 or e-mail email@example.com.
Mensen met een Missie is an organization where diversity and inclusion are paramount and where everyone feels welcome and valued. That’s why we invite everybody to apply, regardless of religion, roots, gender, sexual preference or age.
Wij geloven dat échte veranderingen van onderop komen.
Daarom steunen wij kleinschalige lokale initiatieven.