Mensen met een Missie supports people with a mission in 13 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America; people who work against exploitation, suppression and exclusion. Our approach is locally-led and faith-based. We believe that real change starts at the grassroots and that religion can be a powerful source for social transformation. We specifically focus on interfaith peacebuilding, gender equality and inclusive peacebuilding. Mensen met een Missie has Catholic missionary roots. Within the organization you will find people with a keen eye for others; diversity, equity and inclusion are important to us.
The programme ‘Building connections’ in South Sudan focuses on traumatized people and communities. With the programme and together with our local partner organisations, we work on trauma healing, restoring trust among people and building social cohesion in communities, supporting local peace initiatives and engaging young people to create new perspectives.
For this programme we are looking for a:
South Sudan Programme Director (0,4 FTE)
We are looking for a highly motivated person who can adapt quickly in different settings and among different actors. Being assertive, creative, structured and able to deliver results are important assets. In this role, you will be the coach, the lobbyist, the networker and the administrator of the Mensen met een Missie projects and objectives in South Sudan.
The programme director will further develop the programme in South Sudan in consultation and collaboration with relevant local, national and international partners and stakeholders to ensure the programme is well-connected, well-informed and realizing its objectives. In addition, the programme director identifies the most appropriate interventions at the level of fundraising, networks, socio-political lobby, knowledge and dialogue.
Required Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Personal skills: proactive, curious, multitasking, analytical, team player;
- Graduate/Masters/Post-Graduate in an area that brings added value to the job;
- Excellent understanding of development issues in general, with significant knowledge and experience in project and programme management in the field of locally lead peacebuilding and related fields;
- Ability to recognise and use the social transformative power of religion and religious actors;
- Good personal management and communication skills; excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Sensitive for cultural dimensions and able to work effectively in multi-cultural settings;
- Track record of leading and coordinating projects with a variety of participants and stakeholders;
- Financial management skills to monitor and manage the programme’s budgets;
- Commitment to and knowledge of creating a locally partner-led operational environment;
- Affinity with the catholic roots and background of Mensen met een Missie;
- Ability to travel at least 3-4 months per year (in total).
- Working experience in South Sudan or a similar country;
- Experience with lobby and advocacy to enhance goals of local programmes;
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching.
- A challenging position and assignment, enthusiastic and motivated colleagues and a dynamic organisation;
- A competitive salary;
- A position amidst a highly motivated team of professional colleagues.
The application process will consist of at least two rounds of interviews, which are expected to take place in January. Additional assignments might be part of the process.
For more detailed information on this position, please contact Frans Davelaar (06 – 205 18 999).
Email your motivation and CV before the 10th of January to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept unsolicited head-hunter and agency resumes.
NB: We cooperate with partners of a wide range of ethnicities, different religions in 13 countries around the world that seek dialogue and peace. So we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organisation stronger and our programmes successful. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for inter-religious dialogue, conflict resolution and peace building, you will find a home at Mensen met een Missie.
Wij geloven dat échte veranderingen van onderop komen.
Daarom steunen wij kleinschalige lokale initiatieven.