Mensen met een Missie supports people with a mission in 13 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. People who work against exploitation, suppression and exclusion. Our approach is locally-led and faith-based. We believe that real change starts at the grassroots and religion can be a powerful source for social transformation. We specifically focus on interfaith peacebuilding, gender equality and inclusive peacebuilding. Mensen met een Missie has Catholic missionary roots. Within the organization you will find people with a keen eye for others; diversity, equity and inclusion are important to us.
Mensen met een Missie expects to implement two programmes under the policy framework Power of Voices of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. One is a substantial* 5-year programme (2021-2025), to advance freedom of religion and belief in seven countries. Mensen met een Missie is the Lead Agency of the consortium (the JISRA consortium) that will implement this programme.
The other is a 5-year programme to advance the role of women in peace and security processes in DR Congo and Burundi (Women, Peace and Security – WPS), for which Mensen met een Missie is the Lead Agency as well.
For these interesting programmes, Mensen met een Missie is looking for an enthusiastic
PME and Learning Specialist (full-time)
We are looking for a highly motivated specialist, someone who enjoys to achieve and facilitate learning at grassroots level, country level as well as consortium level. A specialist with the capacity to adapt quickly to different contexts and different levels of collaborators. Someone able to break down complex concepts into clear and effective language and models, resulting in achieving actual change in line with the programmes’ objectives. And equally able to incorporate local developments in larger complex analytical frameworks and narratives and able to ‘connects the dots’.
The specialist will coordinate the global level PMEAL of the 5-year JISRA and WPS programmes. The specialist will drive the learning agenda, with a keen eye for the interests of the consortium as well as other stakeholders and actors in the field of Freedom of Religion or Belief, at national and international level. You will do this in collaboration with colleagues at Mensen met een Missie as well as with colleagues of the other consortium partners and the respective local country teams.
- Coordinate and manage the global level PMEAL of the 5-year JISRA and WPS programmes;
- Initiate and supervise baseline, mid-term and end-term surveys and evaluations;
- Liaise with in-country coordinators on M&E needs, findings, frameworks and methodologies and ensuring country input and data are compiled and adequately analysed;
- Lead of the Institutional Learning Teams of JISRA and WPS to enhance learning, reflection and evidence-based decision making across the consortium and in the field of religious engagement;
- Provide senior-level expertise in learning processes and technical capacities relating to monitoring, evaluation, and learning in the context of Freedom of Religion and Belief (FoRB);
- Provide guidance and capacity building to the country teams to achieve an interactive implementation of the PMEAL frameworks;
- Ensure high standards are achieved in terms of the monitoring information, learning elements and knowledge agenda, and that the outcomes and lessons learned are actively used within the country teams and beyond.
Required Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Personal skills: proactive, curious, multitasking, analytical, team player;
- Masters/Post-graduate in an area that brings added value to the job;
- Excellent understanding of development issues in general, with significant knowledge and experience in the field of peacebuilding and/or freedom of religion and belief;
- Demonstrated experience in design, monitoring, and (qualitative and quantitative) evaluation methodologies in multi-country/multi-stakeholder settings;
- Fluent in English and French, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational capacity; flexibility, strong sense of initiative and autonomy in work;
- Proven cultural sensitivity and adaptability with high standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional relationships;
- Able to work independently and effectively in a team environment;
- Committed to freedom of religion and belief, including commitment to putting women and youth at the heart of our strategies;
- Affinity with the catholic roots and background of Mensen met een Missie;
- Ability to travel 2-3 months per year (in total).
- Working experience in (one of the) target countries: Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Iraq, Indonesia;
- Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation, and learning in the context of Freedom of Religion and Belief programming preferred;
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia or Arabic;
- Experience with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a funding agency;
- Affinity with Catholic Social Teaching.
- A challenging position and assignment, enthusiastic and motivated colleagues and a dynamic organisation and consortium;
- A competitive salary;
- A position amidst a highly motivated team of professional colleagues.
The application process will consist of at least two rounds of interviews, which are expected to take place in December/January. Additional assignments might be part of the process.
The position is offered under the condition that the JISRA and WPS programmes will be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as submitted. If the programmes are not approved, or altered, the position might not become available or might be adjusted.
For more detailed information on this position, please contact Frans Davelaar (06 – 205 18 999).
Email your motivation and CV before the 10th of January 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept unsolicited head-hunter and agency resumes.
NB: We cooperate with partners of a wide range of ethnicities, different religions in X countries around the world that seek dialogue and peace. So we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organisation stronger and our programmes successful. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for inter-religious dialogue, conflict resolution and peace building, you will find a home at Mensen met een Missie.
* Total budget: 37 mln. EURO
Wij geloven dat échte veranderingen van onderop komen.
Daarom steunen wij kleinschalige lokale initiatieven.