Mensen met een Missie
Mensen met een Missie supports people with a mission in 13 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. People who work against exploitation, suppression and exclusion. Our approach is locally-led and faith-based. We believe that real change starts at the grassroots and religion can be a powerful source for social transformation. We specifically focus on interfaith peacebuilding, gender equality and inclusive peacebuilding. Mensen met een Missie has Catholic missionary roots. Within the organization you will find people with a keen eye for others; diversity, equity and inclusion are important to us.
Under the policy framework Power of Voices of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mensen met een Missie will implement a substantial* 5-year programme (2021-2025), called JISRA, to advance freedom of religion and belief in seven countries, together with 4 other consortium partners and dozens of local partners.
The JISRA consortium will work with a great variety of local faith-based actors, partners, networks, youth organisations and women’s organisations to support, capacitate and amplify inclusive voices and policies. For this challenging programme, Mensen met een Missie is looking for two enthusiastic
JISRA Programme Managers (0,9 FTE each)
We are looking for highly motivated people who can adapt quickly in different settings and among different actors. Being assertive, creative, structured and able to deliver results are important assets. In this role, you will be the coach, the lobbyist, the networker and the administrator of the Mensen met een Missie projects and objectives in Iraq, Kenya, Uganda, Indonesia and Nigeria. The final division of countries and roles among the two Programme Managers will be established in the start-up process, depending on actual experiences, language skills and knowledge of the subject.
You will manage the projects in collaboration with colleagues of the other consortium partners and especially with the local country teams and our partner organisations in the respective countries.
Required Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Personal skills: proactive, curious, multitasking, analytical, team player.
- Masters/Post-graduate in an area that brings added value to the job.
- Excellent understanding of development issues in general, with significant knowledge and experience in project and programme management in the field of peacebuilding and/or freedom of religion and belief.
- Ability to recognise and use the social transformative power of religion and religious actors.
- Good personal management and communication skills, in written and verbal English, sensitive for cultural dimensions and able to work effectively in multi-cultural setting.
- Experience in report writing and facilitating PMEAL processes.
- Track record of leading and coordinating projects and programs with wide variety of participants and stakeholders.
- Financial management skills to steer the operational budget across a number of locations.
- Commitment to and knowledge of creating a locally partner-led operational environment.
- Committed to freedom of religion and belief, including commitment to putting women and youth at the heart of our strategies.
- Affinity with the catholic roots and background of Mensen met een Missie
- Ability to travel at least 2-3 months per year (in total).
- Working experience in (one of the) target countries: Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Iraq, Indonesia.
- Knowledge of French and/or Bahasa Indonesia or Arabic.
- Experience with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a funding agency.
- Experience with lobby and advocacy to enhance goals of local programs.
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching.
- A challenging position and assignment, enthusiastic and motivated colleagues and a dynamic organisation and consortium.
- A competitive salary.
- A position amidst a highly motivated team of professional colleagues.
The application process will consist of at least two rounds of interviews, which are expected to take place in December/January. Additional assignments might be part of the process.
The positions are offered under the condition that the JISRA program will be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as submitted. If the JISRA program is not approved, or altered, these positions will not become available or might be adjusted.
For more detailed information on this position, please contact Frans Davelaar (06 – 205 18 999).
Email your motivation and CV before 14 December to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept unsolicited head-hunter and agency resumes.
NB: We cooperate with partners of a wide range of ethnicities, different religions in 13 countries around the world that seek dialogue and peace. So we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organisation stronger and our programmes successful. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for inter-religious dialogue, conflict resolution and peace building, you will find a home at Mensen met een Missie.
* Total budget: 37 mln. EURO
Wij geloven dat échte veranderingen van onderop komen.
Daarom steunen wij kleinschalige lokale initiatieven.