Mensen met een Missie is an organisation for international cooperation and solidarity that aims to change beliefs that lead to hatred and violence. To do this, we’ve joined forces with hundreds of partner organisations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. With people who dare to go against the current, who stick their necks out and stand up for justice, inclusion and equality. Together we facilitate dialogue between people on each side of a conflict. We inspire consideration and discussion of harmful beliefs, so that mutual hatred and mistrust can decrease. Our team in The Hague consists of about 30 people who work daily with passion and commitment, on building a world without violence.
For team JISRA we are looking for:
Employment: 32 hours p/w
Duration: negotiable, minimum 4 months
Starting date: July 1st 2023 (or as soon as possible)
Joint Initiative for Strategic Religious Action (JISRA)
Under the policy framework Power of Voices of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mensen met een Missie implements a 5-year programme (2021-2025) called the Joint Initiative of Strategic Religious Action (JISRA), to advance freedom of religion and belief in seven countries in Africa and Asia, together with 4 other consortium partners and dozens of local partners.
Mensen met een Missie is the lead organisation of the JISRA consortium. The Arabic word Jisr’ means bridge, which perfectly symbolises what JISRA aims to do: build bridges between divided communities. The JISRA consortium works with local faith-based actors, partners, networks, youth organisations and women’s organisations. This unique composition allows JISRA to work within faith communities as well as with high-level decision makers. For this exciting programme, Mensen met een Missie is looking for an enthusiastic intern.
What are you going to do?
The focus for this specific internship will be assisting the work of the Global Knowledge & Learning (K&L) Working Group:
- Secondary data analysis (including local partner’s annual reports, data from Monitoring & Evaluation) to help answer key questions from our Learning Agenda;
- Assist in writing policy briefs and reports synthesizing data from different sources;
- Assist in collaboration with in-country K&L teams and local partners to kick-start and align knowledge and learning at country levels;
- You might be asked to assist in organising in-country, cross-country or global webinars to exchange knowledge and facilitate learning at all levels;
- Attend meetings and make minutes.
In addition, you will assist the work of the global Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Working Group:
- Selecting input and assist in drafting JISRA’s mid-year report and possibly end-of-year report;
- Help prepare for upcoming travels;
- Assist in online facilitation of workshops.
You are our ideal intern if you…
- Are enrolled in a university within the European Union;
- Are highly enthusiastic about development work;
- Have good oral and written command of English, command of French is appreciated;
- Have affinity with freedom of religion and belief, gender equality, youth inclusion;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Have critical analytical skills;
- Are able to work independently and in a team;
- Have knowledge of development cooperation and project management;
- Have knowledge of and affinity with the context in Africa and Asia;
- Have affinity with the identity and objectives of Mensen met een Missie.
An exciting assignment in a dynamic organisation with enthusiastic employees. The internship allowance is a maximum of €500,- gross per month. Travel expenses are reimbursed on an expense basis up to a maximum of € 150,- per month.
Send your application letter with curriculum vitae before June 19th, 2023 to email@example.com.
For any questions regarding the internship, reach out to Eva Krah on firstname.lastname@example.org
Mensen met een Missie is an organisation where diversity and inclusion are paramount and where everyone feels welcome and valued. That’s why we invite everybody to apply, regardless of religion, roots, gender, sexual preference or age.